Who here lives in or around San Diego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
It didn't. I went and no one else did. I waited twenty minutes and took my daughter to the con.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Grrrr..... I forgot. Next time we need an email reminder.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That sucks. Maybe the rain held them back. I'm glad you two had plans! ,

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I figured it had a lot to do with the rain. I didn't take her to Denny's, so it was just me waiting. No big deal. We had a lot of fun at the Con.

jkingler

5 Year Member
I could see that. I even bailed on my niece's bday, since I didn't wanna brave the rain and moronic SD slip 'n' slide drivers. I rainchecked it! So even though I hate both flaking and being flaked on, I wouldn't hold it against anyone on a day like that. Are you guys rescheduling? If so, I'd love to make it if I can. :D

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Jacqui, I took my daughter to an anime convention that day.

I'm afraid my schedule will not allow me to take the lead on another meet up. I just accepted a new job that includes a long commute and I still have my volunteer commitment.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Congrats Renee! Where are you commuting too!

jkingler

5 Year Member
Any good books on tape? If you're in need of some good titles and you've aaaaany inclination towards sci-fi or fantasy, I can recommend lots of great stuff. :D

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
If it's sci-fi or fantasy, there's a fairly good chance I've read it (depending on the fantasy -- I haven't been an elves and unicorn kinda gal in many years).

I subscribed to Audible.com, but I haven't downloaded anything yet.

LLLReptile

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
Hey everyone! Just a little note that we are doing another vivarium workshop if anybody was interested in coming by.

Details are the same as the Mission Valley one, it'll just be taking place in Escondido instead. Here's the event page if you're curious!

Facebook Event Page - Vivarium Building Workshop

-Jen

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I went to the last one, and just wanted to say that it is well worth the cost. You finish up with a nice vivarium with a water feature, and lots of left over supplies. It's also surprising how easy it is to make something nice when you have someone to walk you through it the first time. I picked up a water feature kit at a recent show and plan to incorporate it into another vivarium as a water source, and I know how to do it now. In short, I recommend this workshop for anyone that can make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.