whistle sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hermy still does a whistle sound when he breathes. Not all the time but often (everyday). Last time, when I went to the vet, in February, she did a X-ray and said his lungs were fine. I asked her to do a troat culture but she did not want to since the r-eay was fine. I did not see any bubbles from his nose, and his nostril are not too clear because it looks like there is some skin on them, yesterday, I tried to remove the dried skin but it came back this morning.
Should I go to the vet for a troat culture or could the whistle sound could be normal?
Hermy has a very good apetite but is not that active (he eats, he stays under his lights, he goes in his hide...)
Should I be worried?

desertsss

5 Year Member
It might be nothing, but I am overly paranoid. I would definitely take him in for a visit. His x-rays may have been fine, but you never know.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He just might have something clogging a nostril. Maybe a dried up old piece of food? Its perfectly ok to flush his nostrils with saline solution. They sell it at the drug store in squeeze bottles. Just squirt some in each nostril. It goes into the mouth, not down the throat into the lungs, so its not to worry.

Yvonne

dewbert

5 Year Member
Lucille, one of our redfoots, does that when she gets mad. I used to be concerned about it, but I've gotten to know her well enough that she only does it when you feed her late, when you pick her up and carry her away from something she's interested in (usually a dog poop in the yard).

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I noticed Tallula whistle out her nose last night, but I think she was getting mad at me as I was trying to measure her and she wanted to run around my bedroom floor hahaha

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
I noticed Tallula whistle out her nose last night, but I think she was getting mad at me as I was trying to measure her and she wanted to run around my bedroom floor hahaha

Haha Stace :D It must have been really cute to see her run around.
The whistle noise I am talking about is not the one when he is mad or scared because he heard a noise. He just stays there and there is a whistle for maybe 10-20 minutes, several times a day. The noise is comming from his nose.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Yeah she is hilarious when she's that feisty!!! I need to video her one day! I kept trying to measure her, and she kept running away lol.
Shame Isa, I hope Hermy is okay! Will say a prayer for him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.