WHERE'S DANNY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Why are people leaving? I was gone for several months... What happened? Please fill me in.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I don't speak for Danny, but I'm on SW and from chatting with him I don't think he's avoiding TFO so I'm sure he'll be back here when he can.

The main draw there for me is the chat, and a few people not on here anymore that I keep in regular contact with.

The way I see it, every one of these forums has it's own theories and methods that the group members are mostly set on and sort of push on everyone. It's on all of them, even here to a certain extent. They all have something of value, so I just take a bit from each one and apply what I like. I've learned things here I've never learned before, and learned things on other forums I've never seen here. It's not so much leaving this forum I think, but more like expanding knowledge base.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Neal said:
The way I see it, every one of these forums has it's own theories and methods that the group members are mostly set on and sort of push on everyone. It's on all of them, even here to a certain extent. They all have something of value, so I just take a bit from each one and apply what I like. I've learned things here I've never learned before, and learned things on other forums I've never seen here. It's not so much leaving this forum I think, but more like expanding knowledge base.

That is exactly my feeling. I have belonged to SW for years, but don't usually post in there. It is a great forum and I do recommend it. Of course, I belong to a few others too. :rolleyes::D Every forum will fit you a bit differently and the fit changes as the groups change.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Candy said:
I was just over on Shelled Warriors and everyone who used to be here is over there. :( Kelly how do you turn the page from green to blue I couldn't figure it out? Do you have to register first? :)

You might have to be a member, I'm not sure.

You go to the bottom of the screen on the left side . There's a pull down box with "shelled warriors" showing. When you pull it down, double click on "test default."

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Just as long as the mass exodus of people from this sight don't find their way to the Turtle Forum, I'm all right. Although most of them wouldn't be tolerated in the first place.

I fell in love with this forum when I first discovered it. I actually spent more time on this one than any other(s). But over the last few months the drama and bickering, not to mention the recent rash of some wingnuts coming on board has turned me away.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
rash of some wingnuts ....sorry, just curious, but what does that mean?
Some people will ask a question on this forum...or any forum, and then go on SW, or any other forum, and ask the same question. I guess 20 answers, and some from experienced people, aren't enough. I guess it's interesting to see if people do things differently in other parts of the world.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I just saw this post. I did not know someone questionned Danny! That is ridiculous! Danny is the one we all turn too, HE KNOWS EVEYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW about our shelled friends :cool:. I noticed that some members are not here anymore too :(. I sure hope they will be back soon :).

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Am I just completely oblivious to the "drama" around here? I always thought everyone got along pretty well. Sure we may have different beliefs but for the most part everyone seems pretty respectful...and every forum will have a few people that are difficult to get along with ;) That's life!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Katie: I guess I'm oblivious too. Maybe that makes you and I the problem??? I love this forum and its people. Once in a while we get a know-it-all poster, but they usually conform to our "family-style" group eventually. Because I'm always on the look-out for spammers, I don't have the option of not reading all the posts, and it does get to you eventually. But a quick tour of the tortoises and poop detail, quickly clears the mind and gets me back into forum mode.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
emysemys said:
it does get to you eventually. But a quick tour of the tortoises and poop detail, quickly clears the mind and gets me back into forum mode.

LOL Yvonne you're the best :D

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I to did not know about the drama. I thought most members got along as well as people can get along. I also thought everyone respected Dannys knowledge. For me this is an escape from life's drama. A place I can go enjoy reading about my favorite subject (torts) and have met some very interesting, intelegent and kind people. I do hope to read some of Danny's post soon.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Of course we get along for the most part, and I did not see any posts from danny saying he was leaving. Sometimes we get people who like to challenge yet not like their theories challenged. we are all adults for the most part, and we all have different thoughts, now take it from mr know it all, go and be nice too each other.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
dmmj said:
now take it from mr know it all, go and be nice too each other.

Would you like me to change your user title from "posting freak" to "Mr. Know-it-all"? :D

moswen

5 Year Member
lol, am i going to get kicked off for this? .....um.... who's danny? i guess i'm going to need a screen name... i must be pretty oblivious to the drama as well, i didn't realize ppl on the forum were fighting. i do have some recent experience in the "ppl who like to challenge yet not be challenged" area however, and i'm sure that as adults we'll all come around and realize a difference of opinion or open disagreement isn't the end of the world.

hey, maybe danny's internet card is down too, just like mine, and he has to use a tiny little cell phone screen too, which really limits your online time significantly! ;)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Nothing yet from Danny? :( Wow, maybe someone owes him an apology. It's just not the same without him posting here. :(

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Somebody PM what really happened here. I leave a few months ago (not from any "drama," just because I was super busy with school, etc.) and now I come back and see all this about "drama." I'm older than a lot of these newbies ;) ;) I feel i deserve some gossip. :p

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Maybe it isn't any drama at all.....think we shouldn't stress until we know the real truth !! :)

I miss posting alot here, I miss you all, but my real life is so busy, esp with wedding planning, its all I do now !
I hope to be back into a normal way of life in the next few months, hopefully....

I was wondering about Danny, as I pmed him asking him the best way to transport Tallula baby to the UK.
No I understand why.....everyone is wondering hehehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.