Where to get a tortoise table??

I have 2 Baby Sulcatas and I have them in a 10 gallon tank at the moment but I want a tortoise table for them instead. So where can I buy a tortoise table? Are there any stores that sell them? Or any websites?? Any helps great thanks!

turtlegirl13

I would suggest to make one! They can be very easy to make! Just look online for "blue prints". I have a 4ft x 6ft for my Russian tort but for sulcatas you will need something bigger.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Really easy to make. I bought some shelves from Home depot and had them cut some 2 x 2's to join them. 7 shelves at $3.95 each and two 2x2's for another $2.50. I had the screws and nails. I used three for the bottom and four for each side. Later I removed the bottom and nailed chicken wire to the top and turned it into their outdoor playpen. Now I have them in huge shipping crates but the concept is the same.

Tort table.png

I drew this up real quick for my box turtles but you can add a top and it would work for sulcatas and it looks great.

Last edited by a moderator:

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
I made one for my Redfoot. Is a 24"x60"x12". I went to home depot a get a 1/2" and a 1/4" treated plywood and a 2x2 plank to supports the walls.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1390426361.488879.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Open tortoise tables are not a suitable enclosure for baby sulcatas unless the room where it sits has very high humidity and is 80 degrees all the time. It is much easier to maintain proper conditions in a closed chamber. Please read the care sheet at the top of the sulcata page.

It is also not a good idea to house them in a pair. Tortoises are territorial and they don't want to share their resources. I would separate them into their own enclosures or return one to the breeder.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've been fairly successful in raising smooth leopard babies by using the tort table with a humid hiding place and moist substrate. BUT!!!! You have to be very careful to keep the table warm. Being open, it tends to cool down quickly and cool with the moist substrate and hiding place can be fatal to a baby tortoise.