Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
One of the main reasons I hear from people for not using a "closed chamber" style of enclosure is that they are not handy with tools and don't know how to build one. At the recent Anaheim reptile show I met these guys. Their product was very high quality, furniture grade stuff. They can customize for just about anything and their website has much better photos of their work. Light and heat fixtures come pre-installed and ready to go. Here is their card:
1zd3tys.jpg

I tried to post some of their work, but the pics I took at the show came up upside down and sideways. Sorry. Go to the website on their card to see pics.

OPTION #2
I have some friends that run a chain of reptile store here in Souther CA called Reptile Island. They also custom make their own reptile enclosures. These are not furniture pieces, like a dresser, they are just regular reptile cages. They look extremely nice and are of the highest quality. You can get any size, a variety of colors and all the heating lighting hardware is also pre-installed. They have stores in Rancho Cucamonga, Stanton and Yorba Linda. You can call them at 714-524-8442.

If you are not in the Southern CA area, either of these guys will ship, OR you might be able to find something similar near you. Good luck. :D

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
I like the dresser terrarium. I think I'd rather have a similar enclosure to put top of my existing dresser than pay that much, but it's a good idea.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Did you look up a price? I don't remember it. In my head I added up what a dresser and a tank set up like that would cost, and it seemed like a pretty good deal, especially when one considers the high quality.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
It was $900 for the dresser terrarium. I didn't notice any dimensions though.

Personally, I already have a 6' long dresser and I'd only need the enclosure itself. It does look like nice quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.