Where should I get my tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
I am looking into getting a russian tortoise. I was planning on getting my tortoise from tortoise supply or arizona tortoise compound. Are there any other places you guy think I should get it from?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have personally bought from @Carol S and @kanalomele . Both sold me excellent hatchlings that were perfectly started, well hydrated, and all thrived. I highly recommend both of them.

I bought some from other sellers and most of those didn't do as well. I saw variable and slow growth rates in comparison. This is typical when they are kept outside too much and not soaked often enough. Carole and Kanalomele both soak daily and keep them mostly indoors in warm stable conditions with adequate humidity and the protection from the elements that is so important for babies.

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I bought my Russian tortoise from Carol S. It is doing great. You can get a hold of her on this forum. She does a wonderful job of caring for the little hatchlings!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Besides the breeders mentioned already I also highly recommend Tortstork. He has Hatchlings usually.