where should i get my baby tortoise

juice_juicee

Location (City and/or State)
atlanta
hello! i need help. im about to get my very own, first pet tortoise. but i heard stories about people getting sick and dying tortoises from places like tortoise town. i want to be safe and ask you guys for recommendations on where to get my baby tortoise. thanks in advance

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I'm tagging @Toddrickfl1 because he lives in the Atlanta area. He may know if there's a good local source nearby. Do you know what kind of tortoise you're looking for yet? Or maybe a turtle?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
hello! i need help. im about to get my very own, first pet tortoise. but i heard stories about people getting sick and dying tortoises from places like tortoise town. i want to be safe and ask you guys for recommendations on where to get my baby tortoise. thanks in advance
What species are you looking for?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
ok thank you
The reptile show Repticon is going to be at the infinite energy arena in Gwinnett October 10-11. There will be a good selection of juvenile torts there. No Hatchlings though.

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
The reptile show Repticon is going to be at the infinite energy arena in Gwinnett October 10-11. There will be a good selection of juvenile torts there. No Hatchlings though.

A lot of good ones and a lot of bad ones as well. Be warned. Ask lots of questions. Try to find somebody knowledgeable about the differences between dry-started and well-started tortoises in order to have them guide you to the right seller.

Before of the limited space vendors are given at these shows it's hard to really discern whom is doing what to their tortoises without prying into their practices.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Read both of these to learn what to watch out for and what questions to ask;