Where does everyone get those big bags of Mazurie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruiser12

5 Year Member
I was wondering, where do all those big bags of Mazurie come from. Everyone talks Mazurie up pretty high so i'm starting to look into it for my little redfoot. Thanks! :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I get 25 pound bags from my local feed store, but there are a few people on here that sell it by the pound...

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You want to get the 25 lb bag though. The one pound bags are pricey. You pay about $25-30 for a 25 pound bag at most feed stores. If they don't have it, you can always order it from them. I'd stay away from ordering online because you have to pay for shipping as well. Too expensive.

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
I get mine at a feed store that sells purina products. But keep in mind
that it has a shelf life so unless you are feeding a lot of it, it could go
bad by the time you use it. Some have froze it and said it extends
it past the expiration date

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ask your local pet store or feed store that sells purina products. They may be able to get it for you. I order mine through a feed store and pay less then if I ordered it right from Mazuri. I freeze mine. Now I can't tell you if the nutritional value goes down with freezing, but it does freeze really well and you wouldn't even know it was frozen.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I just got a bag today.. price went up again.. $30 for 25#.. feed store that sells Purina.. also the Tractor Supply store should be able to carry it.. our local one was not very co-oprative when asked.. might try again.. however.. their prices are high...

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I bought it by someone that sells it by the pound here on the forum.

Unfortunately I have a whole bunch of it that is going to go to waste because Carl eats about two pieces twice a week, and we haven't even made a dent in the pound yet.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
I also recommend buying from someone here. I got 2 pounds for $8 shipped, which definitely beats the $17 1 pound bag you'll see on places like Amazon.

If you get a 25 lb. bag, plan on selling most of it like others seem to be doing. Unless you have a really big freezer. It would take forever for 1 little tortoise to eat that much. My leopard just turned 6 months old and still hasn't finished a pound yet.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I bought it from my local feed store for $35 for 25#

I have frozen most of it and it doesn't take up that much space. I just put it in large freezer ziplocs and their it remains. It took up the bottom shelf of my tiny freezer. Though if it doesn't last 50years in the freezer I don't see how I could possibly go through so much of it...only one of my torts will actually eat it and even then he doesn't eat much of it.

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Missouri
i keep all of mine in the freezer and just take out the pieces i need and soak in hot water. i actually bought a 25 pound bag this past fall and will never use it up. thought about selling it here online by the pound, but i guess i'm lazy and just have never gotten around to doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.