Where can i get a tortoise from a cheap reliable source

jeneliza

Location (City and/or State)
burton michigan
Welcome....one thing I didn't think of when I got my Archie was what if the power goes out especially in the winter and your little guys lights go out. I got a solar generator now near his cage and had to use it already this winter.
i had this problem, i dont have back up power, i used hand warmers hidden in her bedding and covered, and taped to the top of her hidding spot, and blocked her in, she wasnt happy of course, the temp wasnt the best , but it was liveable for a few days, it was at 70, which isnt great for a redfoot, but they will survive, at this temp, and its not great to keep them in a small area for long, but it kept her alive,

willee638

HK
i had this problem, i dont have back up power, i used hand warmers hidden in her bedding and covered, and taped to the top of her hidding spot, and blocked her in, she wasnt happy of course, the temp wasnt the best , but it was liveable for a few days, it was at 70, which isnt great for a redfoot, but they will survive, at this temp, and its not great to keep them in a small area for long, but it kept her alive,
I had a situation in February when it got a little too cold for my new RF so I put hot water in a ceramic tea pot placed it at the corner of her enclosure to generate a little bit of heat & some humidity from the vapor, I replaced the hot water every few hours & did it for a whole month.

jeneliza

burton michigan
I had a situation in February when it got a little too cold for my new RF so I put hot water in a ceramic tea pot placed it at the corner of her enclosure to generate a little bit of heat & some humidity from the vapor, I replaced the hot water every few hours & did it for a whole month.
Wow, that's along, time, but I guess we do what we have to when we have no choice,