When should I upgrade my tortoise enclosure?

Tortoise_Tarzan

Location (City and/or State)
Cardiff
my Hermanns is about 3 and a half years old and 4.5 inches, in the winter and autumn he has a 4x2 BioActive enclosure but in spring in summer he lives in a 6x3 outdoor enclosure. When should I upgrade his indoor enclosure? I may do it next year

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
As soon as you can. That's pretty small for an almost full grown tortoise.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
my Hermanns is about 3 and a half years old and 4.5 inches, in the winter and autumn he has a 4x2 BioActive enclosure but in spring in summer he lives in a 6x3 outdoor enclosure. When should I upgrade his indoor enclosure? I may do it next year
ASAP. He needs something around 4x8' or larger now.

bluewolf

Melbourne Florida

great question. I considered a 2x4 but decided he needs something bigger. He is 4 months old and a bit over 4 inches .the harder part will be outside because I need to know so much more.. that includes size of tortoise, types of fencing and height that will keep him in . We live in FL