Wheel Capacity - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
i have my new enclosure almost complete and am currenlty working on a cart to set it on. I want to put wheels under it but need to make sure they will carry the weight. When the wheel capacity states 90lbs, is that 90 per wheel or total weight of object. I am assuming it means to take the total weight of the object divided by the total number of wheels = the amount of weight per wheel. Is this correct thinking?

ex: so if the wheel capacity states 90lbs and you would have 4 wheels under the object, 4 wheels would carry a 360lb object.

I appreciatate your input :shy:

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Are you buying a premade cart, or just making one and adding wheels? If you are just buying the wheels individually and putting them on it, then I would think your understanding is correct that it is 90 pounds per wheel. But jeez what is your enclosure made out of that it is gonna weigh this much??

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I have a totally enclosed 4 x 8 enclosure for my redfoot that will be on top and then I will be putting a 3 1/2 x 8 enclosure on the bottom for my greeks. It is made from 3/4 in plywood and lined with linolium. The cart will be made from 4x4s and 3 x 1. So it will most likely be a couple 100 lbs once I put in the small pond, rocks, dirt, plants etc.... lol I just wanted to make sure it did not mean total weight of 90 and have the wheels break once I get it all set up. Once filled and set up it will be quite large and heavy to move around.

I have been taking pics as I go so will post them all when it is all done :D

Status
Not open for further replies.