What's your favorite temp gun?

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fargo, ND
Right now I'm using this product to measure temperatures and humidity. It seems fairly accurate but is SOOOOO slow to get readings when I try to check different areas of my enclosure.

I'd like to invest in a more accurate and quick way of measuring temp/humidity in my enclosure. I know many of you favor temp guns, and so I'm looking for some input before I go shopping. :)

Let me know if you have any tips, or product recommendations. Thanks! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have three. One of them does a reading of the area, kinda like a cone shape area, so more the air temp. The other two, reads temps where ever you point the light.
I have no idea where to get them. My husband is always bringing them home. But they are by Raytek and the one I have in the house is a Raytek MiniTemp MT6, infrared, reads temp of the object the light is pointed on. The other two are also Raytek, but those are outside.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I have the PE2 temp gun. In the past I have had the PE1 temp gun and the one from Zoomed. I like the PE1 and 2 better than Zoomed. The PE2 uses AAA batteries, so I like that one for that reason as the batteries are easier to get. The PE1 uses those little round batteries I think.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
412L IR Temp Gun by Reptile Basic is the one I have used for a long time.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I've got the craftsman 500 degree it's my favorite [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The palm of my hand. I put a lot of stock in how warm/cool it 'feels' to the touch.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Re: RE: What's your favorite temp gun?

Yvonne G said:
The palm of my hand. I put a lot of stock in how warm/cool it 'feels' to the touch.

Using palm can be deceiving. If the palm is cold, cooler objects can appear warmer to the touch then they are. Opposite is true for warmer palms.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
lisa127 said:
I have the PE2 temp gun. In the past I have had the PE1 temp gun and the one from Zoomed. I like the PE1 and 2 better than Zoomed. The PE2 uses AAA batteries, so I like that one for that reason as the batteries are easier to get. The PE1 uses those little round batteries I think.

I use PE2 as well and am pretty happy with it.