What's there to see in Texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBennillers

5 Year Member
So I am planning a trip to Texas in the next 2 weeks and spending 2 weeks in the Dallas/Ft. Worth - Plano Area. Trying to get a good feel for the area to help decide on a job offer I have after I graduate. Anyway, I was wondering if there is anything that I just have to see while I'm around town?

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
Not too familar with the Dallas area, but you will fall in love with Texas. It is very addicting. I think further south, Austin to San Antonio, is prettier. You have the river to float and the hill country. Man I miss Texas! Thanks for making me homesick! :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand, Wait what is that? more cactus and sand.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
dmmj said:
cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand,cactus, sand, Wait what is that? more cactus and sand.

Absolutely NOT!!! haha If you want to see a specific type of environment ranging from Hardwood/Pine Forests so thick you can't see 20' into them to Coastal Beaches to Beautifully flowered Rolling Hill Country to Desert and everything in between....come spend some time in Texas

BTW, dmmj....some people make good money on this forum selling cactus...hahaha.

Doc

John

5 Year Member
Don't know what there is to see, but I can smell the docs bbq from here!:D

TheBennillers

5 Year Member
dmmj said:

So what you are saying is that I need to pack a big box and some gloves and make my torts very happy when I return home?

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I grew up in Dallas 1975-1990 before I moved to Houston. You won't find much cactus or sand in Dallas. You will find good sports events, six flags, tons of BBQ joints, and a very big suburban area. I really enjoyed living there. There's a great spot to go downtown - I think it is called the North End if I remember correctly. oh yeah - it gets damn hot in Dallas!!

Now I live in Houston, which I actually like better, except for possible hurricanes. Aside from whatever you may hear otherwise, you will find Texas to be full of great places and some of the best people you will ever meet. :D Good luck with the trip!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Wait did I mention cactus and sand? ok just wanted to check.

fuzzylogix

5 Year Member
lol, no cactus and sand in dallas....

check out the dallas world aquarium in downtown and the MOLA (museum of living art) at the Fort Worth Zoo. the food here is world class and there are a lot of things to do. just depends on how you like to spend your free time

M

Maggie Cummings

Be sure to drive down to San Antonio and visit The Alamo

fuzzylogix

5 Year Member
DocNezzy said:
Not too familar with the Dallas area, but you will fall in love with Texas. It is very addicting. I think further south, Austin to San Antonio, is prettier. You have the river to float and the hill country. Man I miss Texas! Thanks for making me homesick! :)

the hill country around austin is my favorite part of texas as well. cold clear water, lots of hills and bluffs, and very cool people.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
My first thought was the FOOD!!!!!! I used to live in Houston & there was tons of great food!!! The parks were amazing, I think there's a zoo in Dallas, and am sure there are some great places to shop & eat. I miss Texas like crazy! The people are amazingly nice, the landscape is beautiful and there's the food! You get great bbq, fresh seafood, and awesome mexican food. Man I'm hungry! I'd love to hit up Saltgrass Steakhouse, Babins, Buca, and theres a great mexican place on 1948 in Magnolia, TX that I can't think of the name of right now but it's right across from the petsmart little shopping center. They have the best salsa, nachos, & chambord margaritas. Enjoy your trip to Texas! I'm definately jealous! But I'll be there in August for my honeymoon :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Say it's a one-track mind...but the last time I was at the Dallas Zoo it was OK...speaking of OK...the Oklahoma City Zoo isn't bad either.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I have been told that the Fort Worth zoo is better than the Dallas zoo. I haven't been to the Fort Worth zoo yet because it's always too crowded..

TheBennillers

5 Year Member
dalano73 said:
I have been told that the Fort Worth zoo is better than the Dallas zoo. I haven't been to the Fort Worth zoo yet because it's always too crowded..

I have actually been to the Ft. Worth Zoo. Two years ago we had to come down due to a death in the family and we gave our kids a much needed break there. It was November so it wasn't too busy, and it was a really nice Zoo.. Here's a pic I took that day:

034.jpg

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
The Stockyards in Fort Worth - home to Billy Bob's largest Dance hall in Texas. Although I think they way the World....

Texas Motor Speedway if you are a Nascar Fan

Dallas Cowboy - Home to Jerry's World in Arlington

Texas Ranger Baseball - The Ballpark in Arlington

Six Flags - Arlington

Basketball - Dallas Mavericks

Texas State Fair - October - November at State Fair grounds Dallas.

Bunches of 5 star resturants...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
DixieParadise said:
The Stockyards in Fort Worth - home to Billy Bob's largest Dance hall in Texas. Although I think they way the World....

Texas Motor Speedway if you are a Nascar Fan

Dallas Cowboy - Home to Jerry's World in Arlington

Texas Ranger Baseball - The Ballpark in Arlington

Six Flags - Arlington

Basketball - Dallas Mavericks

Texas State Fair - October - November at State Fair grounds Dallas.

Bunches of 5 star resturants...

I wish they would sell wrist bands at the state fair or just lower the prices on the tickets...

TheBennillers said:
dalano73 said:

I have actually been to the Ft. Worth Zoo. Two years ago we had to come down due to a death in the family and we gave our kids a much needed break there. It was November so it wasn't too busy, and it was a really nice Zoo.. Here's a pic I took that day:

034.jpg

Very cool, were going to try and visit this summer, maybe the middle of the week or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.