whats the difference between ivory sulcata and a normal sulcata?

Vibes

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
i was wondering because a sulcata hatching is around $80-$100 and a ivory sulcata hatching is $500-$1500, i'm confused whats the difference? (not looking to buy a sulcata)

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Marketing and selective breeding. NOt even tru albino's so. Have you seen the Redfoot/CherryHead BS talk about skyjacking prices!

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
An ivory is a kind of albino. It’s called t+ albino I Believe. So when you pay for an ivory you are buying a Sulcuta with special Genetics. The only difference is appearance.

Vibes

South Florida
Marketing and selective breeding. NOt even tru albino's so. Have you seen the Redfoot/CherryHead BS talk about skyjacking prices!
Yea I was looking at cherry heads earlier, wow they are expensive! Just for the top of the head to be red, ridiculous.

Vibes

South Florida
talk about high prices, petco is crazy, anything reptile related (even the animals) is really expensive, i buy my wood hides in the rodent section, there like $20 cheaper.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yea I was looking at cherry heads earlier, wow they are expensive! Just for the top of the head to be red, ridiculous.
No.
Cherryhead and "regular" Redfoot are not the same species.
Although a lot of hybrids exist in the hobby. They are actually genetically different tortoises.
Some Redfoot are very red, orange or yellow. But just being bright red doesn't make a Northern, or a Bolivian a Cherryhead.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
i was wondering because a sulcata hatching is around $80-$100 and a ivory sulcata hatching is $500-$1500, i'm confused whats the difference? (not looking to buy a sulcata)
The difference is the color. Ivories are lighter in color. The price difference is due to the laws of supply and demand.