What's in the box?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
The last few weeks I've been passing on taking rescues because of the amount of turtles I currently have. Yesterday I was going to take one just to heal it up after a dog got it but it got away from a co workers house. Now to Today, I get home and see a box on my porch thinking it was something my wife ordered but as I got closer I could tell it was something else. Here sits a small box with a note on it. "Dear Sir, we are moving and cannot take Daisy with us , we have heard about you and would hope you could give her a new happy home. "

Well I guess I don't have much of a choice here. I finally decide to open the box and find this little girl just looking at me. Looks like another to the herd.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470695536.588622.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470695563.933055.jpg

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Wow whoever it was did a nice job taking care of her! She looks great! Dude your my hero! Speaking of Ornates, have you had any clutches laid this year yet?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Wow whoever it was did a nice job taking care of her! She looks great! Dude your my hero! Speaking of Ornates, have you had any clutches laid this year yet?

Not any that I know of, I have 2 females that really had some odd weight changes but I never caught them laying any. With the crazy weather we've had Im hoping if they did that the eggs make it and a few pop up soon.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Awww, such a cutie. So glad they found you and didn't just let it go. Expect more. The word is out.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It's tantamount to leaving a baby on someone's doorstep.
People take advantage of a kind heart.
Oh, well, happy ending, I suppose. :)
Oh, and lovely turtle.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
how pretty ! well I would be somewhat proud if i were you. "we have heard about you" (in a good way). Thats nice that the great deed you do is being noticed.

Meganolvt

Michigan
The last few weeks I've been passing on taking rescues because of the amount of turtles I currently have. Yesterday I was going to take one just to heal it up after a dog got it but it got away from a co workers house. Now to Today, I get home and see a box on my porch thinking it was something my wife ordered but as I got closer I could tell it was something else. Here sits a small box with a note on it. "Dear Sir, we are moving and cannot take Daisy with us , we have heard about you and would hope you could give her a new happy home. "

Well I guess I don't have much of a choice here. I finally decide to open the box and find this little girl just looking at me. Looks like another to the herd.

View attachment 182901
View attachment 182902
Oh my gosh, love her.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
what a beauty indeed. Of course after watching a movie 7 I no longer ask or answer that question. But at least this was a different ending.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
what a beauty indeed. Of course after watching a movie 7 I longer ask or answer that question. But at least this was a different ending.

Yeah the was not something I wanted to find in the box.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
if you ever decide to breed her and she produces offspring let me know I'd like to get one or two.

Will do! Definitely a plan, I'm pretty impressed with her so far.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Is there such a thing as more than enough box turtles? More like not enough space for habitats.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Is there such a thing as more than enough box turtles? More like not enough space for habitats.

I have over 20 now.....This fall I'm putting in a building on my land in the country and working on new enclosures there but until I get to that point my backyard looks like a zoo. I'm limited to areas at my house because of our pool and the outdoor kitchen. I never expected to have this many.

Rough guess is I've moved 35 from the roads this year. Seems like the population is exploding here.

Last edited by a moderator:

8james8

5 Year Member
Alabama
I have over 20 now.....This fall I'm putting in a building on my land in the country and working on new enclosures there but until I get to that point my backyard looks like a zoo. I'm limited to areas at my house because of our pool and the outdoor kitchen. I never expected to have this many.

Rough guess is I've moved 35 from the roads this year. Seems like the population is exploding here.
I know what you mean. I drive a ton on country roads and it would be one here and there. Last 30 days it's been 3 a week.

Also I have a friend that's looking for a boxie or 3 just like that one. So if you are trying to limit, message me.

Great job bud!