What Was the FIRST Cinema Movie You watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertson

I remember my mom took me to watch "Chicken Run" when I was about..6?

What was yours?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hmm I really do not remember, I remember going to the movies with my parents and my sister to watch Ghostbusters 2 :D, I do not know if it was the first one though.

ZombieTurtle

5 Year Member
Perris, Ca.
The first one I can remember is Who Framed Roger Rabbit, lol, I remember being scared of the when the band guy started to change...

-Matt

S

stells

It was Bambi... it was a re-run at the cinema... my Dad decided it was a good idea to take me... my brother and my sister to see this classic.... that was until me and my sister both started sobbing lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
John Wayne's "Stagecoach." (Its a joke, folks...that was John Wayne's first movie. Might have even been a silent film, but before my time!!)

YVonne

zekie

5 Year Member
philippines
i think mine was james bond i dont know which one.. watched it with my dad..

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
emysemys said:
John Wayne's "Stagecoach." (Its a joke, folks...that was John Wayne's first movie. Might have even been a silent film, but before my time!!)

YVonne

Did they have electricity when you were a kid Yvonne..
BOWDOWN.gif

Mine was "Lassie"? at the 'Drive-in'.. early 50's!? ( how am I supposed to remember back then? ) I do remember laying in the back window of the early 50's Chevy that the folks were driving then.. looking up at the stars.. I was crying because our dog Skippy had just died.

NERD

andred82vert

5 Year Member
The first one that I can remember was, "Piranha". My dad took me, I was probably around 3 or 4.

M

Maggie Cummings

The Wizard of Oz. I can remember exactly where we were sitting, (middle of the row 05) When the house landed and Dorothy opened the door and the color came flooding off the screen, the whole audience let out a collected sigh as if it has been expection it. That was the first color movie available to my generation, I think...:cool:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It was a drive in and it was the first star wars movie. (now retitled episode 4)

Clementine_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I don't remember what the first one was. My great Grandfather owned and managed a lot of theaters so I spent a lot of time watching movies! I do remember seeing Bambi and Fantasia, they would have been 'early' ones for me. I also remember falling in lust with Clark Gable during a special showing of GWTW. And no, I'm not THAT old, it must have been an anniversary event of the movie, I was in my teens. The last movie I saw at my favorite (and longest/last) of his theaters was "The Last Waltz" with The Band, that was my 'last waltz' with his theaters. He died the year it was filmed and shortly after that the theater was sold and it was converted to a 'modern' theater, not the opulent one screen, velvet seats, gold gilded ceiling, crystal chandelier glory it had been. I guess it was inevitable but still sad to see it change.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
I don't know exaclty which was my first but I remeber seeing Star Wars New Hope when I was about 3 1/2, I asked the man sitting in frount of me to move because he was tall and would not be able to see the movie. My mother was upset with me to say the least which prompted a crying fit and the man moving.
-Bon

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
My Mom took me when I was about 5 to see a showing of Gone with the Wind. She had seen it when it first came out and loved it and wanted me to see it too. Some man sat next to me and put his hand in my pocket...so I thought...so..I kept moving closer to my Mom...Finally she asked what was the matter and I told her that the man next to me was trying to rob my pennies that were in my pocket. She jumped up and hit the man with her pocketbook and dragged me up the isle and out the door screening "why didn't you tell me". I will never forget my first movie...oh yeah...we had to wear sweaters because this theater had a "collent" (we call them air conditioners now) which by the way dripped water on your head if you stood under it. My Dad said..."you two are going to get pneumonia if you go in there." The first time I experienced air conditioner too. God..I'm old.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Definitely don't remember! I do remember the first movie I saw without a parent (with a friend) was Adam Sandler's "Water Boy". My first R rated movie was "Waterworld".

Status
Not open for further replies.