What types of tortoises do you own? Favorites?

nicoleann2214

Location (City and/or State)
NY
What are the personalities like for the tortoises you own? I’m curious.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
My redfoot Murphy hates me, and he has a real attitude. Will throw temper tantrums when he doesn't like something. He's also a really picky eater. My younger Redfoot Marge is pretty care free. Doesn't get fazed by much at all, and will eat literally anything.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
My Redfoot is pretty brave and eats everything. My burmese star is still a chicken sh*t but getting better and a bit picky.. ill mix all her food together and she’ll push it around to pick thru it smh

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
My redfoot Murphy hates me, and he has a real attitude. Will throw temper tantrums when he doesn't like something. He's also a really picky eater. My younger Redfoot Marge is pretty care free. Doesn't get fazed by much at all, and will eat literally anything.
What does a TTT (tortoise temper tantrum) look like? ??

nicoleann2214

NY
This was the only beginning. Now it happens if I don’t bring food at the right time x10000000000000000000000.

Attachments

• 25F06B71-BB9F-42B0-815A-A3AEF0B91203.png
    25F06B71-BB9F-42B0-815A-A3AEF0B91203.png
    289.5 KB · Views: 36

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
He's been known to flip a plants in pots over. Last week I seen him ramming the wall in his enclosure repeatedly for no reason. I think it was because he had to come inside after being outside all summer lol.

TisMary

New York
My 3-month old WH cracks me up something awful! He struts around his enclosure as if he owns the place. Wait a minute, come to think of it, he does own the place! ?

1631802190777.jpeg

Emmawilly

Plymouth

Emmawilly

Plymouth
I have a Sulcata, 12 years old. Very stubborn. Very friendly. No aggression. Prefers females to males (humans). Not phased by anything or anyone. Such a relaxing pet (apart from when he's battering down a fence panel!)

Olivertort1

North Charleston SC
What are the personalities like for the tortoises you own? I’m curious.
I have a 4 year-old Redfoot. Name is Oliver but pretty sure a girl. Will always be a he to me. He whistles at me and comes out when I call. No doubt looking for food, lol! He has a big private yard and is spoiled rotten. In the few cold months we have here in coastal SC, he either stays on the deck in a large tub with a heat emitter and greenhouse cover or roams the deck if it warms up or on really cold days and nights, comes inside to keep me company in my craft room/office. The first picture he came over to be nosy, the second is part of his yard, it’s double that size.1F11D8A4-F7F9-4374-809D-3BDA9FF2A0A2.jpegFB197072-597D-4578-89F2-AF12BE414463.jpeg

BirdHerder

Walla Walla, WA
I have a ten year old sulcata that I acquired last year. He was very shy at first but has really come out of his shell (pun intended). He is curious and will come over to people and dogs standing outside his enclosure. If I sit on the ground he'll crawl up into my lap. His days mostly consist of walking to a patch of weeds, eating for a couple of minutes, then moving on to the next patch. He's a neat addition to the aviary and people just adore him.
20210609_153606_resized.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Maggie goes to Church ?
I didn't have you down as a regular church goer!
Yeah, I know. Get ready for this one...I also go to bible study every Wednesday....but that's how 'they' sucked me into Sunday worship...oh,with pizza. there's excellent pizza before the bible study part. When we go to the bible study part I turn off my hearing aides...lol

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I have a ten year old sulcata that I acquired last year. He was very shy at first but has really come out of his shell (pun intended). He is curious and will come over to people and dogs standing outside his enclosure. If I sit on the ground he'll crawl up into my lap. His days mostly consist of walking to a patch of weeds, eating for a couple of minutes, then moving on to the next patch. He's a neat addition to the aviary and people just adore him.
View attachment 332956
Oh my!!! How did I not ever heard about you. What kinda birds? I breed parakeets and sell them to my local mom and pop pet shop. Stop feeding that Sulcata strawberries!!! loling
100_5528.JPG
I am in Corvallis Oregon....