What subspecies is my baby?

squirrelkitty

Location (City and/or State)
Birkenhead
Could anyone help identify what subspecies my little "egg" is? I've looked at the guides many times but the more often I look, the more confused I get.
I thought he was a Boettgeri, but his plastron looks more like Hermanni hermanni. I'm not sure about his coloration, it depends on the light.
He also doesn't have a proper fourth vertebral scute (it's tiny), so I can't tell whether it would have a black spot.

(2nd pic: he flipped over in his playground, where he is only allowed under supervision; this doesn't happen in his home anymore. The last pic is the oldest when he was only 2 months old).

I can post better pictures on Tuesday, he's sleeping now and I'm out all day tomorrow). IMG-20190317-WA0000.jpegIMG_20190216_144950.jpegIMG-20190317-WA0001.jpegIMG_20180920_154503.jpeg

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
You have an eastern (T. h. boettgeri) all the way. Westerns are in fact much, much different but it’s just sometimes difficult with babies.

squirrelkitty

Location (City and/or State)
Birkenhead
You have an eastern (T. h. boettgeri) all the way. Westerns are in fact much, much different but it’s just sometimes difficult with babies.
OK, thanks!
I did think he a Boettgeri but sometimes the pictures confuse me because he seems more colourful and it makes me think he's Dalmatian or a hybrid or something.