What should be included in an emergency kit?

Katiehu

Location (City and/or State)
SOUTH CAROLINA
It’s almost hurricane season. I live right on the coast so I’m nervous about power going out. I live in a condo so I’m sure it’ll go out. I have hand warmers. But that was for winter, if the power went out.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Food get him used to pellet food if he isn't. Water, the hand warmers will still work if needed to help keep temps up some. Emergency enclosure like a tote box for if you have too evacuate and put in that a light, heat source, bowlsand the other things mentioned

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Shown at the bottom of this page is a list of threads where we've talked about having emergency kits for tortoises. Hopefully you'll find some helpful information in those threads.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
When the weather forecast calls for harsh patterns, withhold food (not water) for a day or two until the storm passes. This will help reduce your worry that food is fermenting/decaying in the digestive organs while temps may be irregular or low.

If you can swing it financially, search for small emergency batteries, or solar panels, or generators. Then you can power your habitat(s) and possibly the fridge.