What sex is my tortoise?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I believe Chris talks about that in the video. Did you watch it?

Meesh

BRUNSWICK
What age can you start to try and find out their sex??
Im far from a turtle/tortoise expert but i do have a male & a female (hermanns) and a year old male eastern box turtle.. i can explain what they look like if itll help? Lol. The female has a very short tail and you can see a vagina when you look under her tail. The males have a very long tail and when they strain to poo or sometimes when they urinate you'll see his penis poke out. Its a black very weird looking thing. This also depends on species and age but hope that helps.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Im far from a turtle/tortoise expert but i do have a male & a female (hermanns) and a year old male eastern box turtle.. i can explain what they look like if itll help? Lol. The female has a very short tail and you can see a vagina when you look under her tail. The males have a very long tail and when they strain to poo or sometimes when they urinate you'll see his penis poke out. Its a black very weird looking thing. This also depends on species and age but hope that helps.

Or, you can just watch the video. . . afterall, that's what this thread is about! ;)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Not vagina, cloaca