What plants/weeds should I grow for my red foot?

Boneless

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I have a garden that I'd like to utilize for my red foots diet, so that I'm not always purchasing foods from the store. I'm also wanting to ensure I have enough weeds for him or her.

I'm wondering which plants/weeds are the easiest to grow in Florida? Also I was looking for dandelion seeds online, are they safe to feed often or is it moderation only? I don't have dandelions in my yard, but I bought 10,000 seeds to try and grow some in my garden!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Squash plants of any kind. The whole plant is edible, anything in the viola family, hosta, rose of sharon,

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Tortoise supply makes a good seed mix I plant in my pen. Some good plants are hibiscus, hosta, and spider plants should grow year round in Florida.

Happytort27

CA
Seed mixes from Tortoise Supply are always great! I especially recommend the Testudo Mix. They’re easy to grow, and they crop up fast! Soon you’ll have a bunch of plants and quite a large variety. You can also order seed mixes from Amazon, but just make sure you check the ingredients. You can also plant squash, ROS, Boston fern, pothos, the list is endless. You can go to your local nursery and see what kind of plants are native to your state. This will be better because then you’ll have a way of knowing which plant suits your climate the best.
If you’re looking for some dried food, Kapidolo Farms has plenty. They’re especially good for the winter when fresh food is not always an option. Plus, they sell a wide variety of food.