Status
Not open for further replies.

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Huntington Beach, CA
AngieB said:
Crazy1 said:
Angie, she is a very nice looking tort. Goldie seems to have a nice smooth carapace. Do you know how much she weighs or what her lenght is?

She measured at 2 1/4 inches . I don't know how much she weighs, I don't have any scales as yet. That was to be my next question, what scales should I get to weigh her and my Marginate? Something that doesn't cost a lot but is accurate and easy to read.

Nice looking torts, Id love to see the marginated! I buy my scales at the local tobacco/smoke shop. people use them for weighing their smoke. You can get a decent gram scale for about 30 bucks.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yes Angie, I hot glued mine to the top of the hide then just keep it damp . some people put dampened moss inside the hide instead. My Greeks didn't seem to like this and would not go into the hide, so I used the sponge and they love it. If you have a wooden hide you can drill a whole and use a bolt and nut to affix it to the top, cause after a while the hot glue will let loose. But I just figured what the heck if it lasts a few months and I have to re-glue it no big deal. Just keep the sponge damp not drippy wet. My hide is not under the light, it is close I just used the thermometer/hydrometer to find what the temp inside the hide was and moved it so it was at the optimum temp and humidity. Hope this helps.

TortGirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Angie, your torts are beautiful. I saw two Marginated torts at an exotic pet store yesterday. I have not heard of this type of tort before, but they have definitely caught my attention. My Greek loves her humid hide. My boyfriend drilled a hole in a clay pot and used a bolt and nut to affix the sponge to the top as Robyn was saying. I have the hide in the warm side as the temps look good there. Cassie chooses that hide over any other hide has in her house and burrows there all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.