What is your favorite type of turtle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
This is just a general question i've been wanting to ask all you "tortoise forum" members \(^_^)/

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I would have to say.....pink carmal red eared slider! I think they are amazing and beautiful! I have a second fav too...blue dbt. The real blue colored ones are priceless.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
Fly River turtle are so amazing and nice.
They are #1 for me.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Spotted turtle. They stay small and are fairly hardy and become very personable .

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
That's a hard question, is there even a answer? I think right now, any softshell turtle. Rafetus Euphraticus is probably the turtle I want more than anything else. Also, Hardella thurjii is a very special turtle. I know I will be getting those this year, the euphraticus will always be on my mind, though.
c5ace28c.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, Gerards, that's some turtle! I guess if I didn't have my Asian reeves turtle for 25 years, I'd pick yours. But, as it is, my reeves is so funny to watch through the years. She does back flips only for human males that she likes.:p

mfedzen

5 Year Member
If we're talking non-morphs I'm gonna go with map turtles, more specifically Barbours or the Yellow blotched maps. As far as morphs go the albino common snappers are my favorite.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
luvpetz27 said:
I would have to say.....pink carmal red eared slider! I think they are amazing and beautiful! I have a second fav too...blue dbt. The real blue colored ones are priceless.

One of my fav's too! :)

turtlebrad

5 Year Member
I love them all so much, my favorites would be snapping turtles, soft shells, but number 1 is DBTs

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Tom said:
Platysternon megacephalum.

Bingo. I kick myself everyday for parting with my group many years ago.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
That would be impossible to pick one species ={...Well, water turtle or terrestrial? Softshells are the absolute coolest water turtles. Gerards is at fault for making me fall in love with Cycloderam Aubreyi, so if I got to pick one species right now to keep, it would be that :). Terrestrial is really impossible...Geoemydae Spengleri is one that immediately comes to mind. Hopefully some day I'll be able to keep these awesome species...:)

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Alligator snapping turtle. Any turtle that could kill me is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.