What is your favorite thing about your russian tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerAngel8

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, Ca
Hi Everybody!
Usually all my questions are about me. So today I have another question. What is your favorite thing about your russian tortoise(s)? :p

codyv34

5 Year Member
I love watching my tort explore, and how curious he is as he stretches out his neck checking out his food and decorations

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
His blinky sleepy face in the mornings!

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Love seeing them "wind up" before taking a big bite of fresh greens!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I love how when I walk into the kitchen my tort comes over to the edge of the cage to great me. I also love her little faces when she eats and when she is lounging. I guess that means everything too. Tonight she was so cute in the bath. I would walk away from her and she'd stretch up her neck to watch me as I was doing chores.

bakexlove

5 Year Member
This sounds corny but there isn't anything I don't love about Herman. :3 ummm when he eats and when he smells things almost like a dog would. And just the way he walks around it makes me think of a toddler.

Davo

5 Year Member
I watching my two Russians ear the most. One of my favorites is when they look at me almost to say "hey aren't you going hand feed us" after putting food in their dish. Or maybe it is "hey that's not butternut squash". Who knows?

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Always fun to watch my tortoises eat. :)

If you mean Russian tortoises as opposed to other species, I love how touch they are. They come from farther north than any other tortoise, and can hibernate for half a year. Now that's tough!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That they are little piggies and eat their food with such gusto. When working with picky hingebacks, where it can take even months to get some of them really eating well, you really appreciate the tortoises who will rush to the food as you put it down and clean it up. :D Of course, this is one of the things I like least about them too, especially when trying to make their enclosures look nice and yet have plants for them to nibble on. Nibble being something mine never learned to do, I think inhale is more the term that applies. :D

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
When he gets antsy, I take him out of his enclosure and let him roam the house. He usually runs around for about 15 minutes, then just follows our feet until he gets food. He will come right up and lay or paw at our feet until he gets a treat. Amazing how smart they are!

itsmeshell

5 Year Member
That he is a ninja he escapes and climbs a lot even with 3 1/2 legs. He is still trying his best to escape his new home though.

And when he gets a strawberry as a treat then looks like he is wearing lipstick :)

Alex17

5 Year Member
My tortoise, Darwin, comes out of his cave every morning and sits under his light for a couple minutes, then he will yawn and stretch and go get breakfast :)

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY
CheerAngel8 said:
Hi Everybody!
Usually all my questions are about me. So today I have another question. What is your favorite thing about your russian tortoise(s)? :p

I love Tankers back feet! they r just so cute and how he walks and sniffs everything. hes so curious about the world. i love showing him new things like snow. he just looked out the window in amazement. I also love his kisses and when he looks me straight in the eyes and when he tries taking his first bute but misses lol he has his mouth so open but misses by an inch. I also love his funny sleeping positions. i cant walk by without looking at him <3

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I love watching Betty eat, it's so cute! She looks like a mini dinosaur ha ha! I also love the funny ways she sleeps/suns herself. Too cute :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I also love watching my betty eat. :) I love seeing her little tongue.
2012-01-22_12-45-14_454.jpg

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
I love everything about my little boulders especialy how they run to greet me (and there food) when they see me.

jrholls

5 Year Member
Maine
I absolutely love the way she RUNS over to either eat or investigate whenever I reach into her house. My tortoise is FAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.