What Is unique about my Tort(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
I thought this would be a cool way to show some unique features of the torts. Mine is in my Tort's shell design.

The drawings are not exact, but done to show how the segmenting of the scutes(?) is unique. There is no evidence of damage to the shell, so I think this is just a natural aberration, and makes Ted very unique.

hp0014.jpg

hp0013.jpg

0308110733.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Ted is indeed very special!

The uniqueness of my tortoises is the sheer number and variety that I have. There are 15 species and about 100 total animals.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Ted is the only ying yang Scuted ( not a real word) painted tort. Every time I see the paint it makes me wonder if it gives off any toxic fumes when he is under his lights.

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
CtTortoiseMom said:
Ted is the only ying yang Scuted ( not a real word) painted tort. Every time I see the paint it makes me wonder if it gives off any toxic fumes when he is under his lights.
It is nail polish and I have wondered the same thing, but it doesn't seem to affect him right now. I may take him to the vet and see what they would recommend. Most tort people are telling me to let it wear off naturally, but it really bothers me that the previous owner did this without checking to see if it was safe for the tort.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Mean Guy said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
It is nail polish and I have wondered the same thing, but it doesn't seem to affect him right now. I may take him to the vet and see what they would recommend. Most tort people are telling me to let it wear off naturally, but it really bothers me that the previous owner did this without checking to see if it was safe for the tort.

I wonder, if nail polish remover would be bad? It works on fingernails which seem weaker than a shell and it evaporates pretty quickly after removal. I guess it could dry out the shell. Just thinking out loud. What really get's me is some parent probably let their kid do that.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
CtTortoiseMom said:
Just thinking out loud. What really get's me is some parent probably let their kid do that.

I thought it WAS the owner who actually did it? I might be mistaken though. Either way there sure is a lot on there. Hopefully it wears off fast!

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Ted is indeed very special!

The uniqueness of my tortoises is the sheer number and variety that I have. There are 15 species and about 100 total animals.

Can I come live with you? :D

Seiryu said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Just thinking out loud. What really get's me is some parent probably let their kid do that.

I thought it WAS the owner who actually did it? I might be mistaken though. Either way there sure is a lot on there. Hopefully it wears off fast!
Yeah, it was the previous owner. 19 year old ex cheerleader who is likely now terrorizing a rodent of some sort (hamster, guinea pig), because that is what she wanted instead.

Shelly said:
My tort has a dimple.
dimple.jpg

THAT is an awesome tortoise!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mean Guy said:

If you promise to do more than your share of the work, don't eat my chocolate chip ice cream and don't bother me when I'm napping!

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Mean Guy said:

If you promise to do more than your share of the work, don't eat my chocolate chip ice cream and don't bother me when I'm napping!

Now see, that was the deal breaker there... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.