What is this?

BOSS2020

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Can anyone tell what this white spot is? It is on both sides. Wasn’t there a few days ago. Only thing he ate different last few days has been prickly pear. But he has had it before.

4517FD4F-8385-4029-941C-D01025AB0F68.jpeg1D09C651-B123-4D32-B6AE-99574CD83B5C.jpegA46A7E9D-00A9-48CE-AFD9-276E86B19F09.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Can anyone tell what this white spot is? It is on both sides. Wasn’t there a few days ago. Only thing he ate different last few days has been prickly pear. But he has had it before.
Where did you get this tortoise?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
@BOSS2020
How much does the little one weigh?
Have you seen yellow bumps or spots anywhere else on the tortoise's skin (neck, legs, around the tail area)? Any issues with his toenails?
Do you have any other reptiles?

Reactions: Ink

BOSS2020

New York
@BOSS2020
How much does the little one weigh?
Have you seen yellow bumps or spots anywhere else on the tortoise's skin (neck, legs, around the tail area)? Any issues with his toenails?
Do you have any other reptiles?
I haven’t seen any other spots and his toenails seem good. I’m not sure how much he weighs. I need to get a scale. I have a bearded dragon but never together. Not even in same room.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I haven’t seen any other spots and his toenails seem good. I’m not sure how much he weighs. I need to get a scale. I have a bearded dragon but never together. Not even in same room.
Be extremely careful about hygiene. I hope this isn't another case of the yellow bumps we've been seeing lately. IF it is, you could be dealing with a highly contagious bacterial disease that could easily be transmitted to your bearded dragon mechanically, via your hands or on any items shared between the two reptiles or between their enclosures. So please be extremely careful, just in case.