What is this??

Shadowhunter

Location (City and/or State)
Miami
IMG_3933.jpg
IMG_3930.jpg
I’ve been looking everywhere but I can’t find what these bumps on one of my tortoises face can be I don’t know if it might be from the Cyprus mulch I’ve been using as bedding or a parasite does anyone know ??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Usually when you see that injury in that location it's because the animal opened his mouth too wide - it was forced open whether by falling or whatever (they climb the wall and accidently slip down, catching the beak on the wall which forces the mouth open too wide) - and it is now infected. It will have to be cleaned out by a vet and he'll need antibiotics. In the meantime, you should cut his food up into small pieces so that he doesn't need to open is mouth wide to bite off pieces.

Shadowhunter

Miami
Usually when you see that injury in that location it's because the animal opened his mouth too wide - it was forced open whether by falling or whatever (they climb the wall and accidently slip down, catching the beak on the wall which forces the mouth open too wide) - and it is now infected. It will have to be cleaned out by a vet and he'll need antibiotics. In the meantime, you should cut his food up into small pieces so that he doesn't need to open is mouth wide to bite off pieces.

Thank you I will look into a vet near me that can help

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
No Shes in Broward County.
Maybe 40 miles straight down interstate I-95.
(I-95 is a couple miles East of Dr.K)
I travel north on I-595 and it's a 10 or 15 minute trip.