What is this plant?

cecildatortoise

I have a Russian tortoise and I'm having some problems identifying plants that are ok for him to eat. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1405532378.653758.jpg
I've found this growing in our front yard (south texas) and I'd like to know what this is and if its ok to eat...
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1405532451.220979.jpg
This is a close up of the same plant.
Would someone please tell me what this is and if its ok for my sweet tortoise to eat? And if not, would someone please recommend a summer-growing plant that i could feed him?
Thank you so much in advance for your replys, my Cecil means a lot to me and it means so much that you help!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
I have a Russian tortoise and I'm having some problems identifying plants that are ok for him to eat. View attachment 87617
I've found this growing in our front yard (south texas) and I'd like to know what this is and if its ok to eat...
View attachment 87618
This is a close up of the same plant.
Would someone please tell me what this is and if its ok for my sweet tortoise to eat? And if not, would someone please recommend a summer-growing plant that i could feed him?
Thank you so much in advance for your replys, my Cecil means a lot to me and it means so much that you help!
You can use garden compass in the App Store (iPhone + iPad) to the plant ID (it takes about a day)! Good luck :)