What is this noise?

kewp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fullerton, CA
it has taken me a year to catch this on video...... does anyone else have a tortoise that makes this noise? She seems to only do it when she is stretched out and relaxing under her lights (happy noise?). It is LOUD for such a little thing. I blamed the cat for the longest time.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
it has taken me a year to catch this on video...... does anyone else have a tortoise that makes this noise? She seems to only do it when she is stretched out and relaxing under her lights (happy noise?). It is LOUD for such a little thing. I blamed the cat for the longest time.

Interesting. I think I've heard a similar noise, but didn't know if it came from my sulcata or one of the aquatic turtles nearby. Curious to hear what others have to say.

Bee62

Germany
My young sulcatas make such a noise from time to time too.
I think it is a kind of sneeze but they are not sick, but I definitely know that the sound comes from a tort.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
My young sulcatas make such a noise from time to time too.
I think it is a kind of sneeze but they are not sick, but I definitely know that the sound comes from a tort.

A sneeze is kind of what I suspected. It seems to occur infrequently and randomly and doesn't happen more than once, so I wasn't too worried.

Bee62

Germany
A sneeze is kind of what I suspected. It seems to occur infrequently and randomly and doesn't happen more than once, so I wasn't too worried.
I am not worried too if it only happen a few times.