What is this gorgeous little thing?

JenC

Location (City and/or State)
Horseshoe Bay TX
New to me. I wasn’t able to get very close it put me in mind of a thistle, or something else in the sunflower family? Maybe?

It was growing low to the ground in a very scrubby roadside here in Southern California. The taller thin green plants/leaves are Russian thistle (tumbleweed) and horseweed growing through and around it; it’s only the branches with the same jelly looking bits as the flowers that are from the same plant.

View attachment 299255

View attachment 299256

JenC

Horseshoe Bay TX
I’m from So. Cal near Newport Beach and have never seen anything like that plant.
Looks like something from Willy Wonka’s factory

KronksMom

Illinois
And Kronksmom has the golden ticket

The other day we were with some friends and I said that I will probably die by trying to touch an animal that doesn't want to be touched. And my husband said, that's not true. You'll probably die by putting something in your mouth that you shouldn't. That hit me really hard, because he's 100% correct, but I never even considered that possibility.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I was expecting Chubbs. You must have beat him to it lol

next time I will wait for him first... sorry I beat you Chubbs . I must read your posts a lot and you are rubbing off on me???
Wait?.....
That’s another line I just opened up for him???...????

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
The other day we were with some friends and I said that I will probably die by trying to touch an animal that doesn't want to be touched. And my husband said, that's not true. You'll probably die by putting something in your mouth that you shouldn't. That hit me really hard, because he's 100% correct, but I never even considered that possibility.
If u die from that.. OMG the self confidence someone is gonna have