What!?..Is there something on my face?

PJay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hunter.jpg
A new addition from a good TFO friend. Meet 8 month old Hunter, who took a moment away from digging around in his substrate for night crawlers to paste an Omega One Juvenile pellet to the right side of his face and pose for a picture. A very gregarious turtle, always hunting for its next meal, if you know what I mean.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
View attachment 237564
A new addition from a good TFO friend. Meet 8 month old Hunter, who took a moment away from digging around in his substrate for night crawlers to paste an Omega One Juvenile pellet to the right side of his face and pose for a picture. A very gregarious turtle, always hunting for its next meal, if you know what I mean.

I’d be eating well too in that happy home;) If there are some people new to owning a young box turtle watching this thread, please note the humidity and temp gauge in PJays enclosure...perfect. Happy home is a happy turtle!

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
I’d be eating well too in that happy home;) If there are some people new to owning a young box turtle watching this thread, please note the humidity and temp gauge in PJays enclosure...perfect. Happy home is a happy turtle!
Thanks Eric! The temp/humidity gauge is in the middle of the enclosure, there is a CHE on the left side where the temp is around 84F, and on the right side its around 74F. I find him digging down in all three zones as he pleases at that moment. As the box turtle veteran that you are, you know the range of temps help with digestion and humidity is key for good health with all box turtles, especially with the little ones who can dehydrate so easily. I'm really having fun with this little guy!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
View attachment 237564

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Likes to wear his breakfast and save it for later!!! [emoji38]
Such a cutie-pie!!!! [emoji7]