what is the specie of this tortoise?

samkhafagy

Location (City and/or State)
Egypt
A friend of mine has just gave me this tortoise because he couldn't feed it anymore and he knows that I've many tortoises at my garden! but Actually this is the 1st time I see this specie, he told me he bought it from Saudi Arabia 4 years ago? please help me to identify it?? he's a male by the way because he keeps trying to have a sex with all Libyan Greeks females in the pen :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1414354711.961975.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1414354711.961975.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 45

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Just because he is mounting your females does not mean he/she is a male. It could be a dominance thing going on. We need to see a photo of the tail and plastron to determine sex. Personally I would keep your new tortoise separate from your others until he has gone through a quarantine. I try to quarantine all animals for at least six months.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A couple more pics of the plastron and head might help to Id. @tortadise may know,what it is. You should def quarantine from your others, specially because you don't know what it is and then becuase you don't know what it may be carrying.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Just off this photo looks like a zagros mountain Greek. Pictures of the plastron are needed to sex it and properly ID it though. Chris leone is fantastically versed in testudo European species. He can be certain what it is. @HermanniChris

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Might be a T. g. anamurensis. Plastron shot definitely needed and I see it's in with a T. graeca cyrenaica...not good.