What is the correct amount of food for my tort per sitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
hey guys, just wondering what is the perfect amount of food and feeding times for my yearling tort? Tootsie is just about a year old, she an elongated tort...i feed her organic spring mix for her daily food, and some fruits and earth worms every now and then... i feed her about 5 to 6 days out of the week..and i give her a half handful of the spring mix...which when grabbed in hand it reduces down so it seems a good amount..she always eats it all..but i hope i am not leaving her still hungry ..if any one can post a pic of the normal feeding amount for a yearling it would be a huge help..thanks!

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
I asked this once before for my Hatchlings. I was told for the entire life span of the torts if they keep eating keep feeding them. You never wanna restrict them from their food ESP while still growing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TortForum mobile app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If conditions are correct for your species and you are feeding the correct foods, I prefer to free feed.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
My slightly modified version of the above answers is unlimited amounts of relatively low-nutrient foods (most live plants, leaves, flowers, hay, grass, etc.) and only about as much high-nutrient foods as would fill a bowl the size of its head. For red-foots, the high nutrient foods would be most meats, sweet fruits, chows, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.