What Is It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
I feel like I start most of my posts list way, but, I was bored and have been researching snakes. They are my latest google or bing or whatever search topic.

I came across this beauty, what is it?

(Fingers crossed picture comes up!)

Thanks! I think it is a boa or something like that. Don't know much about snakes though.

P.S. I am also interested in what morph it is. It is super pretty.

Attachments

• Cool Snake 1.jpg
    Cool Snake 1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 41

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
What you have found there is a Brazilian Rainbow Boa. Fairly certain that's just a normal/wild-type, not any particular color morph. I agree, they're very pretty snakes! I hear they're especially breath-taking in person, under the right lighting... They get their name, "Rainbow" boas, from the insane iridescence of their scales. :)

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Kansas
Thanks. Typed the name up in the search box and even more pictures came up for it! Now I can gaze at it even more for however long I want! :D :p !

Now, what is the difficulty, size, encloser needs, rarity (such as how hard it is to find) and that sort of stuff. (If anybody knows, I will probably look up more info on my own time, just want to ask)

Not wanting to add to my family quite yet, but if I ever do I might want this one, so I could have that face to face with it and see how beautiful it is every day when I am not on the computer!

Thank you!

P.S. My new screensaver! :p

poison

5 Year Member
im not sure on the minimum size enclosure but i have heard of them getting up to 7ft i know a few people who have 6ft-ers and there not that hard to find expos always have them

chris_m90731

5 Year Member
Rainbow Boa. And a young one at that. They get considerably duller in color with age.

LunaLupus

5 Year Member
You're looking at a 6x3x2' enclosure for an adult. They are gorgeous, but you need to keep an eye on their heat and humidity very closely. They are less forgiving than many of the other boas available today.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Definitely a rainbow boa. I must say they are beauties. They are not cheap either. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.