What if...

Do you house your tortoise indoors or outdoors?

• Total voters

The Tortoise Tree

Location (City and/or State)
Venus
So, I use coconut coir and l go threw so much of it. I was just wondering if you could reuse it! And also, here is a poll.

FINE PRINT: I know you can't reuse it. I was just thinking

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So, I use coconut coir and l go threw so much of it. I was just wondering if you could reuse it! And also, here is a poll.

FINE PRINT: I know you can't reuse it. I was just thinking
Why are you going through it? Put it in the enclosure, spot clean daily, soak the tortoise frequently depending on age and size, and leave the coir alone. I never change it out until I am removing the tortoise living in that enclosure to a new enclosure for whatever reason.

I couldn't answer your poll because there isn't a correct option for me. Babies live primarily indoors, with short excursions to the great outdoors, depending on their size, age, species, season and current weather. Adults live outside with proper temperature controlled shelters.

The Tortoise Tree

Venus
Why are you going through it? Put it in the enclosure, spot clean daily, soak the tortoise frequently depending on age and size, and leave the coir alone. I never change it out until I am removing the tortoise living in that enclosure to a new enclosure for whatever reason.

I couldn't answer your poll because there isn't a correct option for me. Babies live primarily indoors, with short excursions to the great outdoors, depending on their size, age, species, season and current weather. Adults live outside with proper temperature controlled shelters.
Thanks for the advice, I am sorry about the pole