What has happened to my Sulcatas tail ?

ToryTort

Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool:Merseyside
Hello all

I noticed my Sulcatas tail looked different as though the tip has fell off.
I wondered is this normal or should I take him the vet.

Thanks

8EAFA3B7-6163-442D-869F-E9C52D74D1AA.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No need to take him to the vet as it's healed and there's nothing a vet can do about it. You don't need to worry about it. What happened was he pooped and the feces stuck to his tail. Then he pooped again and it stuck to the already stuck feces. Then he pooped again. . . well, you get the picture. So this is why you soak them daily and give them an all over inspection. When you see poop starting to stick, you clean it off. Having that old poop stuck to his tail probably burned the skin and caused it to die and fall off. But it's healed now and not a problem.

ToryTort

Liverpool:Merseyside
That is all I can think of
No need to take him to the vet as it's healed and there's nothing a vet can do about it. You don't need to worry about it. What happened was he pooped and the feces stuck to his tail. Then he pooped again and it stuck to the already stuck feces. Then he pooped again. . . well, you get the picture. So this is why you soak them daily and give them an all over inspection. When you see poop starting to stick, you clean it off. Having that old poop stuck to his tail probably burned the skin and caused it to die and fall off. But it's healed now and not a problem.
Thanks again, I thought that it might of been dried mud because he was in the garden that day and likes to climb through the flower bed haha.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I think you enjoyed saying "poop" quite a bit in that post. Lololol