What happened to Frank's eye?

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
Franklin was walking around the basement, one minute his eye looked fine and the next time I looked at him he looked like this...ImageUploadedByTortForum1390168670.715114.jpg
Sometime when he's sticking his penis out, he rises up and his eyes roll back in his head. It looks like one got stuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

richybear

5 Year Member
Omg the poor thing . do u have a vet local to you it looks as if he is in pain

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
I do. I work at a pet store so, if necessary, I can take him to the one they use because they take exotic pets. Based in what I've been reading, he must've scratched it on something. Has anyone ever had this happen and what ended up happening? If imagine this happens to tortoises in the wild too so hopefully he'll manage to fix it himself. He's soaking right now.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
Ouch!! Do you have some Terramycin you can put on it? In case it has turned into an infection, that could help. At the very least it would keep his eye lubricated.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
This morning his eye is all back to normal. Talk about a heart attack! I would think that if it was scratched it would still be healing today and he doesn't have any coil bulbs. Before I put him back in his table last night, I moistened the substrate really well so no dust could fly into his eye. He slept sucked deep into his shell, he usually just pulls it in a little bit if at all.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
The eyelid has gone back to covering his eye except for a little sliver. I did notice that when his eyes were closed earlier this morning, the lids were pinkish instead of the color of his skin like they normally are and water is running out of both eyes.