What gender is she/he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auhckw

5 Year Member
Size is about 4 inches. Age, is about 3 to 4 years old. What gender is she/he?

image016tc.jpg

image017rw.jpg

More photos here: http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-12053.html

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Still young ... and hard to be exact..but Iam going with male too!
Size and age sound perfect though! ... Very nice Tort ya have ! ;)

JD~:)

dae

5 Year Member
Hiya,

Did you get him/her sexed by Danny yet? he helped me loads and guessed mine as 2 male and 3 female- only time will tell tho!!! going from the wisdom Danny shared, I would say male looking at the anal scutes. He is very different to all mine tho as his opening is very flat but all of mine ar more 'v' shaped.

Good luck with him/her tho as he's lovely!

Dae

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
I agree with everyone :D It definately looks like a male to me. :)

Danny

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Looks male to me BUT according to the most successful breeders of radiated tortoises in the USA it is very difficult to sex (besides using endoscopy) radiated tortoises until 10-12" and even at 10" sometimes can be difficult.

A friend of mine had a 10" "male" that ended up laying eggs when it grew to 12".

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
By the look of the shell it does look male as it looks as though it curved inwards, but its hard to tell with the tail as it been held in the shell. I am no expert though i am new to torts and my little one is only 1.5 yrs and still looks female and i am expecting her to pull a fast one and turn out male when she's older lol

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
HI, Just curious why a couple of names have a line through them and say banned???I don't remember seeing that before.
(Gummybearpoop) and (samstar)
Na

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nay said:
HI, Just curious why a couple of names have a line through them and say banned???I don't remember seeing that before.
Na

We have a new spammer program on the forum and it automatically bans those it feels to be spammers. Usually those people have posted from their phone or from a library or something like that. When we see it, we send Josh a PM so that he can let the program know that this person is ok and un-ban them.

samstar

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Nay said:
Na

We have a new spammer program on the forum and it automatically bans those it feels to be spammers. Usually those people have posted from their phone or from a library or something like that. When we see it, we send Josh a PM so that he can let the program know that this person is ok and un-ban them.

Thank you becuase I was banned last night while reading this forum in my hotel room :(

Status
Not open for further replies.