What gender is my western hermann’s?

Mr. G

Location (City and/or State)
Norwich
Hi there. First of all this is my first ever thread as i am a new member so pleased to meet everyone! But first things first, I’d like you all to meet our western hermann’s tortoise Oogway! C5D48239-4E8D-49DC-B17C-683C137746AD.jpeg4FE490FA-578B-40E2-B21C-307218BAC79F.jpeg
B6870C18-491C-4E9D-856C-6ACF8787B570.jpeg
We’ve had him for a few weeks now and is settling in nicely! His breeder says that he hatched between june and july which makes him around 8 to 9 months old, his CITES document also confirms that. While i understand that it is somewhat difficult to know the gender of such a young tortoise i was hoping if anyone could tell me about any currently visible features which points towards a certain gender from the pictures? And yes at the moment oogway identifies as a male lol. But anyway hopefully someone can tell me what gender they think he is. Cheers everyone! :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Oogway is looking female at the moment, but most of them look female as juveniles. You'll know for sure in 3 or 4 years.

Mr. G

Norwich
Hello and welcome. Oogway is looking female at the moment, but most of them look female as juveniles. You'll know for sure in 3 or 4 years.
Thanks for your quick reply Tom, I guess only time will tell. I'll give it a few more years! :)