What enclosure should I get?

Brian Nicoleau

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
And then I’m basically done right now I’m at the zoo so I’ll get those items in like a day or two (today ceramic) when I get paid my $40 I’ll buy the zilla thermostat and hopefully I can get a loan of some money from my parents to buy the rest

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
sorry for reviving this forum thread but thanks all of you guys that helped me for the 59 day road of me trying to take care of my tortoise and getting her the right stuff ive gotten everything ive needed and ive personally had conversations with people like @Srmcclure and @ZEROPILOT and @jsheffield and everybody else that helped me along this long road ive gotten everything ive needed for my tortoise and i have the foods i needed to feed her now shes doing great she still scratches her eyes once in a while but everything is doing smoothly i got my closed chamber and i know you guys were just worried for my tortoise and i understand why you people were so worried or something about her/him (since you cant really know when its a baby unless you blood test it) because i wasn't prepared but i try everyday to learn everything i can about tortoises so i can make sure she/he lives out her full life in happiness and in care i know i haven been active in this thread since once again i personally messaged people but yeah shes doing perfectly i feed her bokchoy, dandelions, strawberries, tomato, watermellon, mango, and other foods that i would give her like weekly or monthly like red wigglers, and shiitake mushrooms i can show you photos of my tortoise and i have the temperatures in the good range of 80-90 and humidity at 99% since srmcclure told me its good like that and yeah shes doing good sofar i know i don't have great grammar but i hope you can read this good well anyways enjoy these pictures i know there not much food inside of the food plate or whatever its called but sometimes i feed it outiside of the enclosure
image2.jpg
image0.jpg
1599177209056.png
image1.jpg

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
sorry for reviving this forum thread but thanks all of you guys that helped me for the 59 day road of me trying to take care of my tortoise and getting her the right stuff ive gotten everything ive needed and ive personally had conversations with people like @Srmcclure and @ZEROPILOT and @jsheffield and everybody else that helped me along this long road ive gotten everything ive needed for my tortoise and i have the foods i needed to feed her now shes doing great she still scratches her eyes once in a while but everything is doing smoothly i got my closed chamber and i know you guys were just worried for my tortoise and i understand why you people were so worried or something about her/him (since you cant really know when its a baby unless you blood test it) because i wasn't prepared but i try everyday to learn everything i can about tortoises so i can make sure she/he lives out her full life in happiness and in care i know i haven been active in this thread since once again i personally messaged people but yeah shes doing perfectly i feed her bokchoy, dandelions, strawberries, tomato, watermellon, mango, and other foods that i would give her like weekly or monthly like red wigglers, and shiitake mushrooms i can show you photos of my tortoise and i have the temperatures in the good range of 80-90 and humidity at 99% since srmcclure told me its good like that and yeah shes doing good sofar i know i don't have great grammar but i hope you can read this good well anyways enjoy these pictures i know there not much food inside of the food plate or whatever its called but sometimes i feed it outiside of the enclosure
image2.jpg
image0.jpg
View attachment 305231
image1.jpg
You are doing much much better congrats! Just one pointer I might have is to add a water bowl. Something cheap and shallow like a terra cotta saucer works great.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
image2.jpg
image0.jpg
View attachment 305231
image1.jpg
I am SO happy to see you BOTH here! ?
I'm proud of you.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
You are doing much much better congrats! Just one pointer I might have is to add a water bowl. Something cheap and shallow like a terra cotta saucer works great.
alright thanks im trying to get one next time i go to home depot but i bet my mother is going to lose her mind when i tell her i need more stuff ?

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I understand but this forum is too long and is too confusing to other people ive gotten most of the help i needed thanks to @Srmcclure
I'm glad i could help. I'm relatively new to all this too so I knew how hard it all is. If I can help anyone with what all these amazing people have helped me with and taught me im all for it! You really care about that baby so I'm so so happy! ?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
@Brian Nicoleau You sound so much more confident now, too! Thank you for sticking with it. That was a huge amount to learn (for anybody), and look how far you've come! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
idk i just like tortoises so much i just want to learn as much as i can about them @Pastel Tortie because idk what about them but like tortoises are so fascinating that i wanna know more about them
Always keep that attitude and strive to learn more and more and you will continue to progress and do right by your baby! They are amazing animals to have in your life!