What enclosure should I get?

Jdaniel

Location (City and/or State)
Mobile, Alabama
yeah also it wasnt hard as some of the people said but damn i got like $40 left lmao
Yep, I have spent over 100 dollars an inch on my little box turtle baby, and I haven't even been able to start his outdoor enclosure yet.

Proper turtle/tortoise care is not cheap. (Although IMHO reptile supplies seem to be a bit overpriced, but maybe that's just me.)

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
One more thing Golden Greek the long light i showed you
should i stick it in and let it be there or should i just like cover it somehow

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
if you mean cover the light I’m not exactly sure if it’s too bright for your hatchling you might want to cover the surroundings. I would ask other members about that. If it is too bright you can turn off the bulb and take your hatchling outside for an hour and the tort would get the uvb light that he/she needs.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
so should i just use the light at a distance? because whenever i put her in the sun she runs from it and goes to the shade

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
because idk how the hell im going to get a glass panel for it because i would have to get a big one and its just too fragile

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Yea, I would raise the bulb that would be a good idea. I’ve heard that sometimes owners don’t even use the uvb light. But, they make up for that by adding lots of vitamin D to their food.

Jodipg82

Oviedo
How is that rude note that I’m only 13 and this is how I talk not trying to be rude on purpose sorry if I offended you in some way
Please email me at [email protected] if you would like and I will help you as I have a Leopard Tortoise hatchling and have learned so much from this page and will answer your questions directly as sometimes thats easier.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Have you followed everything on the care sheet given to you? Temps ok? Humidity? If you just brought the baby home its gonna take a lil bit for him to get comfortable. If ur face stuck into the enclosure looking at him then hes not gonna eat. Get all ur temps and humidity correct, give him his soaks everyday and give him some time to settle in.