What enclosure should I get?

Brian Nicoleau

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
yeah uh i dont think i have anything to cover this ill add more stuff to it i just got the tortoise today so im just getting started

Attachments

• 1594160052812.png
    1594160052812.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 17

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Redfoot like a dim light over them. They do not like bright lights.

If you go into Petco and ask about UVB bulbs, you will buy the wrong bulb. Not only will you be out the money, but the bulb could burn your tort's eyes and blind him.

You need to first read the care sheets very carefully to learn what to buy. The people at Petco do not know what they are talking about and will tell you all wrong stuff. Then you won't have money to buy the right stuff.

Do you have the lid for that bin? If not, you need to buy a different bin with a lid. You must get the biggest bin you can find, both long and deep.

Don't buy anything until other members come on and tell you exactly what to get.

Now, read the care sheets.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Currently I don’t have a heat source what should I get to heat it up because it’s super slow right now and I don’t want to risk it dying on the 1st day

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Yes, he will survive.

First, put something over the top of the bin to hold heat in. If you don't have anything else, a blanket will do. Cover the entire top.

Then, what room is the warmest in your house? How about a bathroom? Do you have a heater you use in there in the winter? Use the heater...turn it on low heat and let it run all night.

If you have a thermometer like you put outside, put it in the bathroom. You want the room 80° to 90°. That's all you need to do tonight. The UVB and humidity will be OK til tomorrow.