What enclosure should I get?

Brian Nicoleau

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Also what should I feed it every day I don’t really have like leafy foods and veggies we have are Carrots, lettuce and Potatoes fruits we have tomatoes, apples, watermelon and bananas

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Also give me some tips on trying to take care of it and what to not do please this is my 2nd tortoise but my 1st I had for like a month in a cardboard box in st Barth and then I released it a month later because I had to leave

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
You could try looking for a 50 gallon plastic tote, they’re cheap they cost around 20-40 dollars. You shouldn’t be taking them if you have no idea in caring for them. You’ll be investing more money wayy more than 100 dollars. I’ll link a care sheet for the tortoise.
You are also feeding foods that aren’t good for tortoise and can potentially hurt the Tortoise. They need high humidity and temperatures range from 70-89 Degrees.
You should also never release a tortoise back.

To be honest someone this young shouldn’t be caring for a tortoise without your parents Help.

Read this Care sheets

None of the foods you are feeding are correct in a Redfoot diet.
You can feed fruit but not as a staple diet.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Something like this good enough? I only have like 210 atm to spend on this could you link me some things to buy?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39

nicoleann2214

NY
you’re going to need a basking lamp, a heat source (CHE, Heat panel) and a UV bulb. Some substrate other than dirt. Try cypress mulch, orchid bark, coco choir.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
You’ll also need something to measure the temp and humidity. The humidity levels shouldn’t drop below 80%. You might want to put something on top of that bin to keep in the humidity.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
You can pour water in your substrate to keep it damp. I used a spray bottle to mist the enclosure. But, without a closed chamber you won’t be able to maintain the humidity levels as easily.