what does she eat

omarnael123

Location (City and/or State)
Egypt
I don't know what does it eat I rarely see it eat or drink I bought for her some cucumber ,Romaine lettuce,iceburg lettuce, rocket, grape leaves but still she dosen't eat any of them and when I put her in my front garden to have a liitle bit of sun light it eats the grass which made me even more worry because this grass is watered with irrigation water that is not qualified for humans to drink it or eat any thing that grows up from this water but she didn't eat alot she only took very small bites

omarnael123

Egypt
15566296652231827326401.jpg every pet shop I went to told me to feed it lettuce even the place where I bought it from but I think they are wrong because lettuce do not contain any fibers it is only made of water

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi,

I think the grass is okay, but you might water the lawn with potable water a few times first at least in the area where the tortoise is placed, or cut that grass and rinse it with potable water first. They seem to like red, as most tortoises do, so you might try any grocery green that is red (if red cabbage, cut very very thin slices and mix is with other items). Red and yellow flowers are great, dandelions and hibiscus, but the same concern about how the flowers were grown might be a factor.

If plants are not sprinklered, but watered at the ground level, harvesting above ground parts should be okay (taking into account no pesticides are used). If the plants are sprinkle with non-potable water, rinse them a few times.

If it's not too much trouble can you post pictures of the greens part of your grocery store. I have had little travel, and have no idea if I suggested red leaf lettuce, that you would find it.

omarnael123

Egypt
Hi,

I think the grass is okay, but you might water the lawn with potable water a few times first at least in the area where the tortoise is placed, or cut that grass and rinse it with potable water first. They seem to like red, as most tortoises do, so you might try any grocery green that is red (if red cabbage, cut very very thin slices and mix is with other items). Red and yellow flowers are great, dandelions and hibiscus, but the same concern about how the flowers were grown might be a factor.

If plants are not sprinklered, but watered at the ground level, harvesting above ground parts should be okay (taking into account no pesticides are used). If the plants are sprinkle with non-potable water, rinse them a few times.

If it's not too much trouble can you post pictures of the greens part of your grocery store. I have had little travel, and have no idea if I suggested red leaf lettuce, that you would find it.

here are some grass that was growing in my back garden so I took it and put it in a box filled with potable good water and left it for two days and each day I change the water 20190507_104721.jpg 20190507_175018_008_01.jpg I was so busy taking exams I am really sorry ,I can't go to the grocery store right now :(
just wait for me alittle bit and I will go ,I wanted to picture the grocery store because the names of the vegitabules differ plus I am so bad with recognizing their names and I get confused. so right now as I told you I am feeding it from my garden grass which is waterd with bad water and I can't controll it because it is waterd with automatick water sprinkels so I cut the grass and put it in potable water for a day or two and change it every while.
I also want to know how can I tell if his stomach hurts him from that food or any food in general

omarnael123

Egypt
The most important thing is to keep the eating process going, and it looks like that is working.

Good luck on your exams.

here I got every thing I could find at the grocery store I couldn't find anything with a red leaf except beetroot leaves ,and here is what I got.

beetroot leaves some have red parts.
20190514_113037.jpg

they call it grape leaves and some people said that turtles eat it
20190514_113427.jpg
and this I think it is Called Rocket
20190514_113815.jpg
so tell me if she eats any of those or no so mabye I can search of something else

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Grape leaves great choice. Mine love them.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Rocket is another name for spring mix also good.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
If you find that she will eat grape leaves, you have a great food source. Try different stages of them, as in young to old grape leaves, iof that's possible to get that range. Cut the grape leaf in to long thing strips and mix it in with the grass, so it looks like grass.