What do you use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
What do you use for a house for your tort?

It's about time for me to upgrade Bowser's house to something a little bigger. This is for when she is inside. At the moment I am using a large kitty litter pan that I cut a doorway in and just placed upside down. It was only $1 ;) It has worked great. But, like a normal young sulcata, she is growing out of it and everytime she wants out of her house she ends up pulling it half way around her area before she is finally out of it :rolleyes:, lol. Sooo I'm trying to think of something else, that's cheap, that I can use for a house for her.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
You can use a plastic shoebox type container that sterilite or rubbermaid makes.They are easily cleaned and hold humidity well.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
i got a little wooden box from a craft store and used a dremel to cut a shell shaped hole in it :] i have seen that used a lot!

pandacakes

5 Year Member
Oregon
My favorite house for Ziggy is actually a large hamster house. It looks like an igloo of sorts and I have a sponge zip tied to the roof to make it an awesome humidity box too

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I just got a flower pot from the dollar store turned it upside down and cut the opening in it...

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Thank you for all of the great ideas everyone! I didn't want anything expensive because I know she will grow out of it fast, lol. I will tell my hubby of all of the ideas and see what we can come up with :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I use a plastic box that animal crackers came in from Costco. I was perfect, but getting too small now.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
I use my pruning shears to cut a hole in those large plant containers after I have planted something in the enclosure. So far they have worked out ok...easy to pick up and see who is hiding, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.