What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baybay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi, as you can see i am new here and i have a cherry head red foot tortoise. i got him when he was about 4-6 years old and have had him for a year and a half. I am very busy with work and trying to go to colledge on nights, so feeding him a great variety is geting harder and harder. I was thinking about ordering some products from a website called www.reptileeats.com . If i did buy from there i would get the forest blend, the description of it is

"The unique Forest Blend contains an assortment of three parts vegetable, including dandelion, squash, clover, and mulberry leaves as well as many others, two parts fruit, and one part prickly pear cactus. Mix also contains seasonal blooms to help stimulate appetite.

Order this blend for Elongated Tortoise, Hingeback Tortoise, Box Turtles, and Red-Footed Tortoises."

Do you think this is a good diet along with supliments and pellots?
Thanks!:)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
It should be, Ive ordered the grassland mix and it was quite nice. You can set up subscriptions through their site and have deliveries paid for in advance for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. That way you dont ever have to worry about it. Most of the subscriptions are every 2 weeks so if you buy 2 of a particular subscription you can have it delivered each week. Its cheaper to have their subscriptions setup. They also have an after Thanksgiving sale going on. Check the Contact Us page on their site to receive any 1lb mix for just $6 right now. Thats a nice savings right there.

baybay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info i just have 1 more question would 1lb a week for my tortoise be enough, or should i get 2lb a week, he is about 6 inches by about 4 inches. Thanks!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
baybay said:
Thanks for the info i just have 1 more question would 1lb a week for my tortoise be enough, or should i get 2lb a week, he is about 6 inches by about 4 inches. Thanks!

For 1 tortoise, 1lb per week is more than enough. He/she may not eat it all before it gets slimy honestly but it will be far more convenient for your schedule this way.

baybay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
OK thanks, i guess i am ready to get some! ( that thanksgiving sale is looking pretty nice right now)

reptileeats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Alabama
JustAnja said:
baybay said:

For 1 tortoise, 1lb per week is more than enough. He/she may not eat it all before it gets slimy honestly but it will be far more convenient for your schedule this way.

Your hired!!!
THANKS

baybay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks for the great sales i think i am going to hopfully get the sale again soon:)

Status
Not open for further replies.