What do you like the most about Terrapins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
If you were looking for a Diamondback Terrapin.. what ONE thing catches your eye FIRST?

The colors of shell.. or skin - or patterns on shell or skin?

OR colors / patterns on plastron?

In order of what you look for .. what's the 1st .. then 2nd .. and then third most important thing a Diamondback Terrapin has to look like for you to consider spending sometimes hundreds of dollars to own and properly care for them?

The winner receives a - there is no ONE winner .. you're all winners for participating --- Thank YOU!!!

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
The "smile" always catches my eyes! Some have better smiles than others. Next would be the markings on the head. I prefer large/less spots. Lastly, the shell...

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
I think their face just melts my heart, but they are just beautiful in general!!

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Right now im all about large spots for head patterns rather then stripes on concentrics diamondback terrapins. Then the closer to white skin and white shell the better!

Awesome dbt Redfoot!ImageUploadedByTortForum1377662889.423281.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
Re: RE: What do you like the most about Terrapins?

Diamondbacks4Life said:
Right now im all about large spots for head patterns rather then stripes on concentrics diamondback terrapins. Then the closer to white skin and white shell the better!

Awesome dbt Redfoot!

Now, that's pretty.

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
ShellyTurtleTort said:
Now, that's pretty.

Thanks, i hope to produce dbts just like him soon. Female that should lay next spring if luckyImageUploadedByTortForum1377666873.773396.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

srod

5 Year Member
New Orleans
The order in which I am drawn to DBTs
1) skin pattern 2) skin color 3) shell

I love their beaks equally though. Looks like big ol' lips. :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using TortForum mobile app

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
4Life I was suggesting you not post pics of yours on someone elses thread. I for one would like to see more pics of yours on a thread you start!

This thread is actually/really not even about mine! - It's about what the title asked.

Sometimes a really unique one does surface.. but most times they are "selective breeding / hybrids" - an example from 2010..

She was about 5" in those pics.. and a 'hybrid' that was so mean I had to get rid of her - she literally ate 4 rear toes off of BO! He has the scars to this day

A Wild Caught rescued from "China Town" .. destined for the kitchen!

Sooooo..... to reply to my own thread - Head patterns [ the less the better.. especially the "crown" ! ] then colors / patterns of skin...

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Sorry my pics were not meant to take over the thread. They were meant to go along with what I look for. I think visuals speak more then just words.

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
Diamondbacks4Life said:
Sorry my pics were not meant to take over the thread. They were meant to go along with what I look for. I think visuals speak more then just words.

agreed. i havent quite figured out why people are so picky and weird about the whole separate threads thing on here.

Chive On!

Shredder

5 Year Member
nate.mann said:
Diamondbacks4Life said:

agreed. i havent quite figured out why people are so picky and weird about the whole separate threads thing on here.

Chive On!

Perhaps they're worried of other ppl stealing they're thunder lol.

Irish

5 Year Member
Orlando Florida
Head and skin pattern first, then the contrasting skin color, thirdly, the shell pattern.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
nate.mann said:
Diamondbacks4Life said:

Chive On!

Nate read this response to your statement.. you may learn something:

When someone posts pictures or asks about something.. they are not asking to be compared to or asking to see whatever someone else has. [ unless of course that is specified in the thread ] They are asking about theirs..... this is not Facebook where anybody can say or do anything they want.. ANYWHERE they want.

All 4Life [ or anyone ] had to do was ask by saying.. "I like this look.. care if I show a pic?" And I would have said.. "Sure.. show us what you got!"

The pics I posted I thought someone would say.. I like [ whatever.. etc. ] on that one. They were not posted for any other reason!.. they were shown to show the diversity of these turtles [ as stated in my reply above ].

This forum .. I always thought .. is to help those that want help and share pics of what different species can and do look like.

Some of us have been around long enough to have seen most all of them - some have seen them for the first time in their own life .. some have even raised them from hatchlings to adults and bred them, etc. , etc.

Some of us are trying to keep / stay focused on the thread's objective.. and distracting from that opens up confusion and this kind of dialouge.. which has nothing to do with asking about what someone sees when they look at Diamondback Terrapins!

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I just love their "paws" ..... Love me some big old feets :)

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Not gonna lie I just joined this forum, and im joined on tons of others. You just made it seem really unfriendly and kinda rude something i dont want to be a part of over pictures.

I see others arent like that as they agree with me but if majority are like this on the forum Im not staying. If someone would wanna share a pic im always all about even on forums. Even if I seen the same turtle a 1000 times im
Still about it but i guess not here. Strict no variation from the topic to talk about something interesting. Nope not for me. Ill stay out of your topics from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.