What can i feed my greek tortoise

Zohranas

Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hello everyone! I posted here before regarding my previous tortoise that unfortunately died, but recently while i was out i saw a man selling a tortoise that was a bit bigger than mine was , mine was about 10 months old, i felt bad because i knew the seller wasn’t taking care of it properly so I brought it home with me.
I’ve been feeding it like the guide of greek tortoises diet says but it doesn’t seem to like the food, it eats a bit then leaves the rest but we noticed it goes crazy over iceberg lettuce and finishes it all. I really don’t want it to only eat iceberg since it doesn’t provide it with the proper nutrients but i have no idea what to do?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
As you say, there is no nutritional value in iceberg lettuce but he is obviously used to having a bad diet so he needs to be introduced to the better foods in the caresheet. Chop it up into smaller pieces and mix it in with what he will eat, then gradually add more of the good, and less of the bad. (No fruit of course). He may benefit from a small pinch of calcium a couple of times a week - either powder or scrape some cuttlefish bone onto his food.
www.thetortoisetable.org.uk will also help you with finding tort safe foods. It's based on UK plants but there's probably some you'll have where you are.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Here's the caresheet you need