What breed puppy is this?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
In my experience those tests are about as reliable and believable as me guessing.

...with my eyes closed.

Mercy FBR

In my experience those tests are about as reliable and believable as me guessing.

...with my eyes closed.

Really? The ones I've seen people do aren't too bad. Someone had a black husky-mix for the longest time, did the test, then came up with results close to what people were guessing from the beginning (Shep and Husky) - the only difference was the test tossed in Corgi... Which if it is correct wouldn't necessarily be too far off. But who knows, maybe the guy who ran the q-tip likes Corgis...

kmartin

central Florida
There is actually a blood based DNA test that your vet can order and they run the test against 250 different breeds. I've seen the results on a few and they trace several generations down to5-10%. They're really neat and cost less than $100.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Maybe the test run by the vet is relatively reliable. But the ones that you send off yourself are pretty bad! My friend has a dog that is obviously part Hound and Shepherd and it came back as yorkie and Rottweiler :)

Mercy FBR

Geez, the people I know who've run the tests must be lucky or something.. There's could at least be believable!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
A large percentage of the tests come back showing Chow Chow. I find this amusing for some reason. SOme of my vet friends laugh about these tests.

Still. It just makes some people feel better. I am just not able to have much faith in them, given what I've seen.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Too cute for me to handle....

Mercy FBR

Man, I read that book and cried so much at the end :-( :-( :-( by the way I agree, there looks to be a little bit of hound in that dog :)

I was gonna say the same thing!

:)I definitely see the lab and hound, but not the pitty... Face is too different.

tmh

5 Year Member
turah, montana
How much does she weigh at 3 months?. I would guess lab, pit, or dane cross if at least 25 pounds. Huge paws.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I'd say the lab and dane. Pitbulls aren't as big as danes, obviously. Again, I see no pit in him.

dds7155

5 Year Member
It's for sure a Sooner hound ,,,sooner one kind than the other,,

mandzz

I'd vote rodesian ridgeback....lokking at how long she appears to be. She's not got any pitty or bully in her, otherwise I think you'd see a larger chest.