What breed puppy is this?

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
A couple weeks ago I found a puppy by my house with no tags. I put up signs but no one has claimed her so I'm going to keep her. She's still a puppy and only seems to be about 3 months old or so. The first time I weighed her she was 16 pounds and the next week she's 19lbs. So she's growing fast! I'm thinking she has lab in her but can not put my finger on what else (since she does not look like a purebred lab) I think she could possibly have a little shar-pei, Rhodesian ridgeback or pit bull in her. What do you guys think?ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1398818772.700937.jpg

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
What ever she is, she is beautiful!

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Ridgeback?
Looks like a girl I fostered ..... Lab ridgeback.....either way she's a keeper !

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
I thought ridgeback when I saw! Too cute. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not Shar-Pei or Pit I can spot them a mile away, even mixes. They have distinct features every time. Great Dane or Ridgeback possibly, but you don't see many of them period, let alone loose, or mixed breeding.
She sure is a cutie though.

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Arizona
Thanks everyone! Her breed is by no means important I'm just curious as to how big she'll get. Lol!

kmartin

central Florida
A large Great Dane puppy can gain almost 10# a month. At 3months and 20# your baby should be pretty close to 100# by the time she is 12-16 months.
Good luck:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I really like her. Please keep sending us pictures as she grows.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
We had a little black puppy who was found at a friends cat colony, the man who dumped her waited for god knows how long for the person to find her before saying I knew you'd take that puppy! Well she's now our Little Monster, and monster she is! She looks quite a bit like this pup, except her dumbo ears. I'm thinking maybe pointer lab? She gave me a full point yesterday and I was proud of her. Till I had to clean the bug guts off her face. Oh Monster. But they have the same huge paws, almost same face structure, I'm excited to see what they grow up to be!

Attachments

• monster.jpg
    monster.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 47

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It could be any mix of any of the above. It does remind me of a Dane pup with those long legs and big feet. I suspect the behavior would give some clues too.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
It's 100% cute puppy is what I'm going with. Does have a ridgeback look to her. But could also have some sort of hound. Looks very sweet.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I see absolutely no pitbull in that dog!! I'm thinking maybe lab, hound, the great dane is a possibility....

She's the best breed - a Heinz 57!

Mercy FBR

They have dog DNA tests you can do from home. Take a swab from their mouth and mail it in; they're fairly cheap and they're decently accurate. You just have to choose the one with the breeds you think she is, since they don't all test every breed - just a certain list. As much as the mystery is fun, knowing is really important because you need to also know for any common health reasons as well.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
They have dog DNA tests you can do from home. Take a swab from their mouth and mail it in; they're fairly cheap and they're decently accurate. You just have to choose the one with the breeds you think she is, since they don't all test every breed - just a certain list. As much as the mystery is fun, knowing is really important because you need to also know for any common health reasons as well.

there are some funny stories out there in regards to these tests... Owners of AKC champion dogs send in samples and they come back with weird, random results ;) :p

Mercy FBR

there are some funny stories out there in regards to these tests... Owners of AKC champion dogs send in samples and they come back with weird, random results ;) :p

I can definitely believe that! They're *decent* tests but not 100% ;)